What’s not to love about owls? They’re beautiful, wise, nocturnal, mysterious, and they can rotate their heads almost 360 degrees – what more can you ask for? Well, there is one thing that we can add to their overall awesomeness: Owl puns! We’ve rounded up 48 of the most howlarious owl puns from all over the world, so go ahead and check them out – we promise, it’ll be a hoot! And if you find out that you like our juicy humor, check also our watermelon puns here.
Best Owl Puns
1. What is an owl’s favorite Beatles song? “Love is Owl You Need”.
2. An owl came down with a sore throat but he didn’t let it bother him. In fact, he couldn’t give a hoot.
3. What’s an owl’s favorite frozen treat? Mice cream.
4. When an owl has a deep voice, what is it called? A growl.
5. Believe it or not, I heard about an owl that’s one heck of a boxer! They call him Muhammad Owl-ee!
6. There was a famous owl that was known for being a huge Whitney Houston fan. Its favorite song? “Owl Always Love You”.
7. What happens when owls get married? They walk down the owl.
8. There was an 80s song that became famous in the owl community. It was called “Hoo Can It Be Now?”
9. What, you say we ran out of owl puns? Owl see what I can do about that!
10. What do you call it when an owl has an upset stomach? Irritable Owl Syndrome.
11. Some owls like to read murder mystery novels. They’re big fans of hoo-dunnits.
12. Who’s the most famous owl magician in the world? Hoooo-dini, of course!
13. What do you call an owl that wears armor? A knight owl.
14. What does a highly educated owl say? “Whom”.
15. What happens when an owl doesn’t take a bath? It begins to smell fowl.
16. Why did the owl throw a party at his house? He just didn’t want to be owl by himself.
17. There was an owl who was an amazing mathematician. Her favorite subject? Owlgebra.
18. That owl would probably have more friends if he wasn’t such a wise guy.
19. What do you call an owl that can travel through time? Doctor Hoo.
20. Don’t bother telling me your knock-knock joke. Owl just let you in.
21. What does an owl need after he goes swimming? A towl.
22. What do you call an owl that’s all mixed up? Low.
23. What happens when you turn an owl into a small piece of wood? It becomes a dowl.
24. What did the owl say when he was on Wheel of Fortune? “I’d like to buy a vowl.”.
25. What do you get when you mix owls and oysters together? Pearls of wisdom.
26. Why do owls love playing Call of Duty? Because it’s a sHOOTing game.
27. How did the owl feel on his first date? Owl-kward!
28. What is an owl’s favorite restaurant? Hooters.
29. Two owl parents were super-worried about their son, because they were concerned he would become a juven-owl delinquent.
30. Which owl was once president of the United States? Herbert HOOver.
31. There was an owl in the 1930s who became an infamous crime boss. His name? Owl Capone.
32. What do you call an owl that has been caught in the act? A “spotted” owl.
33. In the rough section of Owlville, owls are frequently victims of drive-by hootings.
34. What’s an owl’s favorite Lionel Richie song? “Owl Night Long”.
35. When does an owl go “Woof”? When it’s learning a new language!
36. How did the owl win “American Idol”? The judges saw how talon-ted he was.
37. What’s an owl’s favorite 90s rap song? “Hoot! There It Is!”
38. What’s an owl’s favorite dessert? Pie owl a mode.
39. A bunch of rough-and-tumble owls met at the local dive bar. Before you knew it, the whole thing turned into a free-for-owl.
40. One of the worst emergencies ever to hit Owlville was an epidemic of eb-owl-a.
41. That owl hasn’t taken a bath in several days. He’s really starting to smell fowl.
42. What do you get when you cross an owl with a donkey? A smart ass.
43. Which owl is always making parody versions of famous songs? Weird Owl Yankovich.
44. What happened when the owl took a laxative? He had an owl movement.
45. What’s an owl’s favorite rock band? The Hoo.
46. What’s this about all owl puns being bad? Says hoo?
47. Owls never sleep at night because they have to think about work owl night long.
48. What do we call a bravery owl living in the Medieval? – A night owl!